Experience, Learn, and Love Life

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Our New Adventure




Hi! We have started a blog! It is a new adventure for us and that is why we have chosen to call our blog “Your IQ Demands It”. I was raised by a mother who used this as her motto in life and Ronda married into a clan that was always quoting it.

My Mom felt that life was meant to be lived, enjoyed and a source of knowledge, adventure and experience. She loved to try and experience new things and wanted her children to do the same. Thus she always told us to be willing to try something new because “Your IQ demands it”. In other words, take advantage of life and grow your knowledge and experience. Go places, eat new and different foods, read and look at your surroundings with an eye for the different, new and unusual.

As I have now retired from the full-time practice of emergency medicine, Ronda and I want to do more things together, go more places and have new experiences. I will still work part-time, but more free time is open to us. Since I made the transition the end of July, I have taken a week and built a new play set in the backyard for the kids.

We are going to travel more, we have started to clear space in our home and I have a pile of books to read. Many of you have already been blogging and we love to follow them. You are welcome to follow our blog and perhaps we can open some new vista or experience for you, because “Your IQ Demands It”.

6 comments:

  1. Dad! This is awesome! I'm so glad you will be keeping this record. And your blog title couldn't be more perfect. We LOVE the new swing set. The girls want to come over tomorrow. You might be seeing even more of us now. We love you!! xo c

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Fun! I can't wait to see what great adventures you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! Can't wait to see what else you will be doing :) The playset looks great and Lizzie is already dying to get up there!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! We are excited for posts from you guys. Hopefully it won't be long before we get to try out the new set. It looks like a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah...now we can both navigate the world of blogging together. I still feel a bit behind. I probably need Rachel's help too. Can't wait to see you this Sunday and try out the new swing set! How fun. Oh...and I totally did a "Your IQ Demands It" this last week. Remind me to tell you about woofums.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new blog! I'm excited to read more about how you guys are going to live the Keddington motto. :)

    ReplyDelete