Experience, Learn, and Love Life

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

8 October 2014 - Universal Orlando

We chose today to visit Universal Orlando and spend the day at the amusement park.  We also chose not to take cameras with us and the only option we had for pictures was my cell phone.  I took only 2 shots and posted both on InstaGram.  It was tiring and I was disappointed because one of the reasons I went was to do the new "Escape from Gringot's" ride in Harry Potter's Wizarding World.  When we went to the ride, early in the day, the wait time was 105 minutes.  We decided to wait and then try again, but when we went back, the ride had broken down, was not running and re-start time was unknown. We never did go back a third time.  Otherwise, we did a number of rides until we were both tired.  Towards the end, I promised Mom that if she would go on the rides that get you very wet, we would call it a day and leave. She gamely agreed and we did RipSaw Falls, a log flume ride and Bilge Rats, a river raft ride. On the log flume ride, I gave Mom the chance to be right in the front and she declined. But when we got to the ride, the front seat was the smaller one and so the attendants told her to take the front seat and boy, did she get wet!  I was right behind her and also got a lot of water.  It was fun and we were both very bedraggled when we got off.  Time to go home and dry out and get some rest.  Disney tomorrow????

1 comment:

  1. Darn it Dad!! I was hoping you would get to ride the Harry Potter rides! I guess that means you'll have to go back! :) Sounds like Mom was a pretty good sport! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete